Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh, hey there.

Well, let's cut to the chase; I have been assigned to create and maintain a blog for one of my classes. Part of me was worried about this, as I'm not entirely sure what a blog is supposed to be about. Some of the blogs I've read acted solely as news outlets, taking all the big stories today and molding them into bite-sized pieces for others to read and be informed by. Others tend to read more like journals, taking random issues the author deems necessary to write and give their own opinions about. On the other hand, I do enjoy writing, and I wanted to give the whole "blogging" thing a shot. All I had to do was wait for inspiration to strike.

That still hasn't happened, so I'll just wing a couple until my muse comes back.

I guess the easiest thing to do would be to talk about myself for a bit. I'm Dominic. I'm looking to be a graphic designer, and I enjoy working on projects with Photoshop and Flash. I am also learning how to create websites from scratch, and know a little bit of html. I have also been teaching myself how to edit videos in my free time.

Despite this, I'm not a complete nerd. I'm a big sports fan, mainly hockey and football. I have been a huge 49ers fan from birth, so even though they may lose to the Giants this Sunday, I'm ecstatic they made it this far. When I'm on campus and not in class or on my Mac, you can usually find me in the weight room. I love working out and will do so 4-5 times a week. I work at the Sports Authority in Aurora, and I'm also really big in to Texas Hold'em. I think that's pretty much it- oh wait, I'm also a professional wrestler in my spare time.
Yeah, that's me. I'm obviously not quite in the WWE or anything (yet), but I travel around the Midwest and perform in front of a couple hundred people a few times a month, so it's something. It's actually very fun to do, and I love all the road trips with friends. It's also A LOT harder than you might think, but it's something I really enjoy doing, at least for the time being.

Well, I suppose that's enough for a brief opener. Like I said, I have no idea if I'm blogging the right way or not, but this is just the introduction, so who cares. I'll talk about stuff during the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment